About the Library Board
The Davis County Library Board of Directors is responsible for the following:
- Expenditure of Library Funds;
- Establishing and revising policies in cooperation with the Library Director for the use , operation, maintenance, and care of the Library, library facilities, equipment, staff, and other such resources;
- Purchase, lease, exchange, or sell of land or personal property for the benefit of the Library;
- Purchase, lease, exchange or construction of buildings for the benefit of the Library;
- Establish policies for the enforcement of library rules, creating and maintaining library collections, operation and care of the Library, and applicable laws and ordinances.
The board consists of six directors each appointed by the Davis County Commission for a four year term. Board members may be reappointed to a second four year term. One Davis County Commissioner serves as a seventh member of the Library Board of Directors.